Mobile Access Partnership
Why is MAP Important?
“MAP will enhance and expand the work that Valeo, The Topeka Rescue Mission, and others are doing to give at-risk adults and families a hand-up, as they seek self-sufficiency.”
-Bill Persinger, CEO, Valeo Behavioral Health Care
Valeo Mobile Shower
We believe everyone deserves the health, dignity and hope a shower can bring. Valeo is proud to be a part of the MAP collaboration serving the unsheltered in Topeka, KS.
The Topeka Rescue Mission
The Topeka Rescue Mission’s Mobile Kitchen trailer provides breakfast and lunch for the homeless. Its Clothing and Supply trailer is the mobile unit that provides clothes and other various supplies.
Stormont Vail Health Mobile Primary Care Clinic
Every Thursday deployed at MAP
- Regular check-ups(blood pressure, diabetes screening, labs) etc.
- Preventive/wellness care (annual screenings, immunizations, flu shots, care for on-going chronic conditions), etc.
- Referrals to specialty care as needed
- Bilingual staff available
Shawnee County Health Department
- Research and Logistical Support
- Evaluation of COVID-19 in Shawnee County
- COVID testing
- Provides PPE for MAP
Topeka Police Department
City ID Program
- The City ID Card Program is designed to bridge the gap for those who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford or have the proper identification to apply for a state-issued ID.
- The City-issued ID cards are free.
- The City ID cards can be used to apply for a job through Day Labor Services, apply for residency and more.
MAP would not be possible without the assistance of all our partners, volunteers or financial support of grant funding and generous donations from the community. Funding for the mobile shower and laundry facility was provided by the Kansas Housing Resources Corporation.
Doorstep Inc. ~ Kansas State University Mobile Veterinary Clinic ~ Lifeline Cell Phones ~ Salvation Army ~ Kansas Department of Health & Environment ~ Scotch Cleaners ~ Street Dog Coalition