The essential functions of this position are:
- The responsibility for coordinating the Center’s Health Information Management system and managing the daily
operations of the Health Information management department. This includes implementing medical record policies and procedures center-wide and with other programs and services; assuring complete and confidential medical records; assuring accurate and timely information in the records; establishing good channels of communication within the department, with other programs and with the establishing good channels of communication within the department, with other programs and with the public. Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates assigned staff. Oversee and prepare for the CARF Accreditation site surveys. The responsibility for Compliance Program, providing education/training regarding compliance and code of conduct.
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management—to maintain knowledge of applicable standards and licensing and legal requirements. Organize processes which assure continuous attention to quality assurance and improvement, as well as the management of risk in the daily operation of Valeo. Assist staff and maintain quality timelines as defined by the strategic plan, CARF, KDADS, and other agencies.
Interview, select, supervise and evaluate assigned Health Information Management staff; provide orientation and oversee ongoing training regarding all aspects of their duties; provide leadership with regard to Health Information Management and agency policies and procedures with particular attention to confidentiality.
Oversee Health Information Management staff and ensure that client information is entered into the computer and available in a complete, timely and accurate manner. Prepare reports necessary for monitoring activities in the Health Information Management Department.
Supervise and evaluate the Compliance Auditor-Utilization Review/Management and Risk Management.
As may be needed, provide clinical supervision of other agency Qualified Mental Health Professionals (QMHP).
- Develop and maintain current medical record policies and procedures; coordinate the use of Health Information Management policy and procedures with other programs.
- Participate in meetings and committee work to respond to inquiries regarding medical record activities and to provide the Health Information Management Department’s perspective
- In collaboration with the Center’s Utilization Review Team, monitor complete and comprehensive documentation of the consumer treatment process and distribution of information to authorized staff, analyze records, and notify appropriate staff deficiencies.
- Responsible for implementation, evaluating and improvement of an organized quality management system designed to monitor, maintain, improve and promote the quality of care delivered to consumers and insure a quality work environment for staff.
- Define and establish measurement with team members and in connection with Quality Team a method for defining outcomes and use as a tool for process improvements.
- Oversee & participate in the accreditation and licensing process, which would require knowledge of regulations and standards for documentation, with specific attention to Health Information Management and the medical records
- Analyze requests for release of information from consumer records and respond appropriately; assure the proper distribution of medical records to and from the Health Information Management Department
- Assist in monitoring compliance with required medical record documentation by clinical staff; notify staff of incomplete and/or delinquent documentation in collaboration with the Center’s Utilization Review Team.
- Review and recommend changes in the Center’s policies and procedures.
- Consult with staff on issues of confidentiality
- Remain knowledgeable of current, state of the art medical techniques; Medicaid/Medicare requirements; and other licensure specifications. Integrate this knowledge into policies and procedures.
- Assure coordination of tracking and monitoring of the internal and external customer satisfaction survey process
- Assure compliance with policies and procedures of the agency as a whole including the monitoring of managed care treatment plans; take appropriate action to correct any deviations.
- Respond to emergency requests for medical record assistance
- Anticipate needs of the Health Information Management Department and assure their consideration in the agency planning process and budget
- Implement a means to inform/educate staff about changes in policies and procedures, licensing or legal requirements, CARF and other applicable standards
- Organize, facilitate the Continuous Quality Enhancement (CQE) Team; develop quarterly and annual reports based on the data provided by the team. Review reports with management team and assist programs with defining opportunities for improvement, performance, evaluating outcome and trending data.
- Organize and prepare for site visits from CARF, and assist with preparation for site visits from KDADS/MCO’s and to other Mental Health and Substance Abuse agencies
- Represent Valeo in internal and external forums related to Quality Assurance and Improvement
- Assist in incident report data collection for quality management reporting.
- Receive and investigate staff and consumer complaints
- Assist with the monthly collection/processing of AIMS data, ensuring chart processing is current and accurate. Assist with preparation for reporting to KDADS to ensure Valeo percentage of completion and accuracy is 95% or above to ensure no penalty of payment is warranted.
Requires Masters Degree or Doctoral Degree in social work and a Kansas issued license as a LSCSW. Management experience with strong administrative and supervisory skills required. Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals and groups of people at all levels of employment. Ability to set priorities and manage multiple elements simultaneously. Initiative, good judgment, and the ability to maintain confidential information. Good verbal and written communication skills; knowledge of medical terminology. Health Information Management and/or Medical Records knowledge and experience is desirable. Must be 18 years of age or older and be able to pass pre-employment background checks and Adult/child Abuse Registries.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand and sit. Extensive computer and telephone work is required so the ability to operate a computer for up to 90% of the shift is required. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to life up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds with assistance.
This job description outlines the overall responsibilities of my position. I understand and acknowledge that I have received a copy of my job description and that it is my responsibility to read and perform the expectation of this position.
$91,749 – $108,744 – $129,214
Monday – Friday
How to Apply
Please submit resume or completed application to:
5401 SW 7th St.
Topeka, KS 66606
Phone: (785) 273-2252
Fax: (785) 273-7489
Resumes and/or applications are accepted by mail or fax.
Disclosure and Authorization Form – Please Complete
and Submit OnlineValeo Application Form (PDF)
You must use Adobe
Reader to print these forms. Click here for free download.