Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Accountant will be responsible for general accounting functions including preparing journal entries, monitoring cash inflow and outflow, monthly revenue reconciliation from the E.H.R., grant invoicing/reporting, entering deposits, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations in accordance with GAAP and Valeo policy. Assists with monthly closings, account analysis and supports the CFO with carrying out the responsibilities of Valeo’s Finance department. This position also assists with special projects within the Finance area including the annual financial audit, grant budgets and other financial reports.
- Responsible for all monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Monitor cash inflow/outflow
- Transfer and reconcile monthly revenue from the Electronic Health Record System to the Financial General Ledger system.
- Balance daily cash bank deposit posted in General Ledger system to posting of client payment in EHR. Verify all client payments are posted in EHR.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions in GL.
- Audit petty cash box and reception cash on hand. Monitoring weekly/monthly balances sheets. Investigate variances when necessary.
- Assist in the finance area with monitoring cash inflow and outflow
- Serves as the primary contact for the Valeo accounting department for operational banking issues.
- Post monthly journal entries including overhead allocation, various expenses and revenues.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Responsible for follow-up bank account related activities in coordination with law enforcement if fraudulent attempts are discovered.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly grant filings and assist with preparing grant budgets.
- Post and distribute monthly financial reports and other financial reporting as assigned
- Assist the CFO with the annual financial audit and other special projects
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus two years of related experience. Education can be substituted with 6 years of advanced accounting experience including bank and general ledger reconciliations, month-end/year-end closing, auditing and financial reporting/forecasting. A thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles required. Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office software is expected. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Hands on knowledge of accounting software required (Dynamics GP preferred).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and sit. Extensive computer and telephone work is required so the ability to operate a computer for up to 90% of the shift is required. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds with assistance.
This job description outlines the overall responsibilities of my position. I understand and acknowledge that I have received a copy of my job description and that it is my responsibility to read and perform the expectations of this position.
$23.65 – $30.47 – $36.94
Monday thru Friday – 40 hours per week
How to Apply
Please submit resume or completed application to:
5401 SW 7th St.
Topeka, KS 66606
Phone: (785) 273-2252
Fax: (785) 273-7489
Resumes and/or applications are accepted by mail or fax.
Disclosure and Authorization Form – Please Complete
and Submit OnlineValeo Application Form (PDF)
You must use Adobe
Reader to print these forms. Click here for free download.