The Creations of Hope Gallery is a professionally run art gallery and collective of artists dedicated to the mission of raising awareness of mental health through the exhibition of art. The gallery features artwork and special events highlighting the healing power of the arts. The Creations of Hope Gallery is located in downtown Topeka and is sponsored and organized by the Expressive Therapy program at Valeo Behavioral Health Care. Artists do not need to be enrolled in Valeo Services to participate. Visit the Creations of Hope Gallery Facebook page to learn about current exhibitions and events.
727 S. Kansas Ave, Topeka KS 66606
- Celebrate the work of artists experiencing mental illness and artists that utilize art as a force for healing.
- Provide an accessible and empowering resource for artists to enter the art community.
- Raise awareness and educate about mental health through art.
- Provide events that challenge stigmatizing views of special populations by focusing on creativity, strengths, and hope rather than disability.
- Rent for the gallery space
- Supplies for exhibits
- Vocational programs for artists
- Educational materials on mental illness